Crystal Peaks Medical Centre
At Crystal Peaks Medical Centre we take pride in delivering high quality care and run clinics for chronic disease management and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery including joint injections, childhood vaccinations, contraceptive implants and coil fitting.
We have allied professionals working on site delivering counselling and cognitive behavioural therapy (IAPT workers), as well as physiotherapists and our midwife.
This website will help you make the most of our services, which include booking appointments and prescriptions on-line. You will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and we welcome constructive feedback.
We would like to encourage any patients who are due their cervical screening tests to please contact the surgery to book an appointment. We would like to assure patients that when attending the surgery we are doing our upmost to adhere to government guidelines and provide a safe environment for all patients. Please ensure when attending the practice for any reason a face covering is worn.
We would also like to encourage patients to attend any mammogram appointments at the hospital, and to return their colon cancer screening kits when eligible patients (60-74 every two years) receive them.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
We are upgrading to the next phase of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) which will mean that almost all our prescriptions will be processed electronically from Monday 24 August 2020.
Electronic prescriptions help save the NHS money.
You will receive your prescriptions in the same way as you do now.
Read more about EPS on the NHS website.
Calls to and from the surgery are recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes.
The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which will:
• Protect the interests of both parties;
• Help improve Practice performance and best practice;
• Help protect Practice staff from abusive or nuisance calls;
• Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a patient or a member of staff and so assist in resolving it;
• Establish the facts and assist in the resolution of any medico-legal claims made against the practice or it clinicians;
• A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee’s telephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. In this situation the recording will be made available to the employee’s manager, to be investigated as per the Practice Disciplinary Policy
For further information please contact the surgery.
(Site updated 30/10/2020)