Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in 6 ways
1. Drop off your 'Repeat' (the right-hand side of the prescription print-out, on white paper), either at reception, in the repeats box in the foyer. If we are closed, you can post it through the letterbox at the bottom of the main doors. If doing the latter we recommend you place your repeat in an envelope for confidentiality reasons.
2. On-line, via Systmone (see links on how to), or if already registered- click here.
3. By the royal mail to: Crystal Peaks Medical Centre, 15 Peaks Mount, Sheffield S20 7HZ
4. By using the 'Keep Repeat' system available through Lloyds Chemists at Crystal Peaks shopping centre (or other participating local chemists). This involves phoning Lloyds to request your items.
5. Using "Repeat Dispensing". This isn't suitable for all patients, but for those on stable medication, 6 prescriptions of 2 months each can be pre-issued and sent to the pharmacist, hence you no longer need to re-order. The chemist will have the prescription ready usually within a working day of you calling them. Not all chemists are participating in this programme. Ask your Dr if you are interested to see if you are suitable.
6. For patients with communication difficulties only, we accept requests by fax to: 0114 251 0954. We cannot be liable if you dial the wrong number in error.
The practice is participating in the e-prescriptions programme that is being implemented by the government. It is hoped this will make ordering repeats easier and more 'paper-light'.
Prescriptions are generally available within 48 working hours
Prescription collection points
Most people collect their prescription from the surgery. However, did you know that you can nominate a local pharmacy from where you would like to pick up your prescription?
These chemists are willing to pick up an ordered prescription and have it made up ready for the patient to collect directly from the pharmacy. Please let reception know if you would like your nominated chemist to do this- e.g. by writing this on the bottom of your next 'Repeat'. Unless we hear otherwise from you, we will always send your repeat to that chemist for collection. You will also have to contact the chemist directly to request this service as they are unable to do so without your authorisation.
Requesting non-repeat items
Sometimes you may wish to request a medicine which is no longer or has never been on your 'Repeat'. You may request this item(s), and where it is clinically appropriate, we will issue a prescription for you. However for clinical reasons, this may be refused and you will be asked to come in to discuss this with a Dr.
Holidays and living abroad
In most cases, we issue 2-monthly prescriptions. However if you are likely to run out of medication whilst on holiday, please order more in advance but write the reason for doing so on the Repeat, otherwise the request may be refused. Increasingly some of us are living overseas for part of the year. Please note that it is NHS policy that a maximum of 3 months of medicines can be prescribed in advance